Directing and Coaching
In the performing arts it’s common if not essential to have a director. The days of trial and error are over and we believe it’s time for street performers to take full advantage of an outside eye during the creation process.
A Director can speed up the creation process and condense years of trial and error into a week or two of focused work. A director takes your ideas and help you craft them into a polished show.
A Coach can help get you organised, give you realistic feedback and accompany you through the steps of establishing yourself in the industry. From show-creation to show-marketing and everything in between, they can help you make a “plan of attack” and support you when you struggle.
Becoming a great Street Performer is not easy but you don’t have to do it alone.
- Choose the coach who is right for you.
- Send them a message and tell them a little about yourself. Where you are based, your background etc. Let them know about your show, your ideas and what you hope to achieve.
- Your coach will get in touch ASAP and together you can come up with a plan that best suits you
There are many places to meet:
- We can come to you – This is the easiest for you but can be a bit more expensive as you need to pay travel and accommodation for your director.
- You come to us – This is bit cheaper. We are based in Freiburg (Germany), Salzburg and in Vienna.
- While on tour – All our coaches tour Europe a lot during Summer. A great option is to book directing on the Monday-Friday between festivals. This can be the most affordable way to organise a director.
The cost of a director is variable and something you need to negotiate. However a rough guide to the cost is approx. 200 – 300 Euros per day. This price may be reduced if you book many days in a row.
If at all possible it helps to rent a small hall, or rehearsal space so you can work without distractions. This should be discussed with your director.